Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kimboweston
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

Audio Boost

(Blackberry Curve 9320 Running New OS) I am new to Blackberry (new to smart phones actually- okay new to technology in general) but one of the reasons I bought my Blackberry Curve was in order that I could add a 32gig card inside in which to put my music and ditch carrying around my IPOD. My instructions all say that I can get loud playback by activating/checking my "Audio Boost" option except my phone doesn't show it. I have gone through all the option menus and it should show up between the Equaliser and Turn Off Backlighting settings but its just not there. I know I am probably missing something easy or there is a way of activating this option and so ask you experienced lot out there for help. Sorry - PLEASE !

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Audio Boost

On homescreen click media icon > media > BB menu > options ......should be right there in front of you. I'm using 9360 with os7.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kimboweston

This is my problem, I know where it should be "but it ain't" !

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

A friend just told me this happened to him, he said do a battery pull and he was messing around and droping media to sd card prior to it happening.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kimboweston

I had tried the battery pull already, it just seems that this check box for Audio Boost is missing from my OS. But when i check my internal help files it says it should be there. Whats even worse is the ridicule I'm getting from my friend who has an older Blackberry with this feature available and my brand new curve 9320 doesn't have it. Been called a lot of things in my life but "lucky" wasn't one of them !!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tinkerbells
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: 02

Try reinstalling it Or say show all files once inside the media folder
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kimboweston

No thats not happening for me. All the instructions that came with my phone say that i should have a check box marked Audio Boost that I can tick or untick. They show the correct page (Options on Media)- and show it situated between Equaliser and Backlight, the problem is that it just ain't there. My G.F just got same phone and sure enough its not on hers either. Now starting to think its down to buying in France and that its de activated on our OS bundle for "health and safety" reasons coz they are strange about to much fun and stuff like that in europe. Just need  a plan on how to get it it back on our OS. Any ideas.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

You may need to download another carriers Os and remove the vendor.xml file.

First consult your carrier on warranty issues, some will consider it void if that's done.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kimboweston

What I find strange is that there is no way of contacting Blackberry  (RIM) about this. These forums have been great and I really appreciate the honest and good intentioned help people selflessiy provide, but, wouldn't it be great to be able to speak to some one who makes these things and say "WHY"

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

I believe you answered the "WHY" question in your previous post with regard to France's policy to remove audio boost to prevent hearing loss.

Also this forum is not affiliated to RIM, its a user to user support forum for blackberry owners. I doubt they even read this forum or any other forums.

I suggest you email them.
Please use plain text.