Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

jerib
My Device: Not Specified

Automatically deleting emails after approx 4 days

I have a 8330 with Verizon and they have been stumped with this issue.  I receive a lot of emails with attachments and it seems like after 4-5 days they disappear.  They are not being deleted on my computer.  My memory is at 40mb.  I pulled the battery out for 30 seconds and restarted.  The memory jumped to 45mb.  The emails will come in for a few days and then start doing this all over again.  I am set to keep my emails indefinitely too. 

Any suggestions - I need to be able to go back and check older emails.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Automatically deleting emails after approx 4 days

You're facing memory constraints in your device. Due to which MMS are being received in your device but for low memory they were deleted you even see them.

Perform the following steps –

1.      Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.

2.      Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory

3.      To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes

4.      Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete

5.      If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases -

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Are you moving the emails to another folder in outlook, if they are moved from the inbox, they will disappear.  Also there is a setting in messeges options to set how many days to keep email
Please use plain text.
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the Supp:smileyhappy:rt F:smileyhappy:rums!

Go to your message icon

Menu button (BlackBerry key)

Options

Scroll to bottom

KEEP MESSAGES - change to the length you want your messages kept! 

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
tanjaZA
My Device: blackberry

I've got the OPPOSITE problem.  I've put a setting that the blackberry must DELETE messages after 15 days (Days to keep messages 15) but it only deletes the instant messages not the facebook notifications, not the emails, I've got two years of "messages" .. How can I automatically delete facebook notifications (ONLY ON BLACKBERRY) after for example 30 days? How can I automatically delete emails (ONLY ON BLACKBERRY) after for example 30 days?

Please use plain text.