Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Popoy09
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9220

BB 7.1.0 Core Applications

I plug in my BB to my laptop, then when i open the BB DTM then check the Application, there is a highlight in on the BB 7.1.0 Core Applications indicates that "Downgrade". What is that?

Contributor
Popoy09

Re: BB 7.1.0 Core Applications

There is also a Pending on the Actions below.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Could be any number of things. It could be a BlackBerry ID downgrade....You can click on details and see what modules it's going to downgrade.

Honestly, I would ignore it. Don't downgrade anything.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Popoy09

Suddenly I applied it, then my BBM and BB ID starts updating again. Then i unplug it, then plug it again, i saw the downgrade thing again. I just ignored it. What could possibly happen to my device?
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Just to be clear, you applied the downgrade and then upgraded BBM after the downgrade?

You're simply downgrading the applications and then upgrading them again. Just don't do the downgrades. It means that the BBM on your device is newer than what is on the computer. that happens with RIM releases upgraded versions of apps that are not in the OS installation package. Just ignore the downgrades and don't do them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Popoy09

Okay thanks bro, i will just ignore it every time the prompt will pop-up. It just annoys me. It svcks that it keeps me on wondering what is that supposed to mean.