Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB 8310 NETWORK SETTINGS ????

Some apps on my Bb 8310 curve will not work ie the facebook app , gps (maps) , guitar hero (game)

all its saying to me is that my netwrok settings have not yet been configured , and that its trying to auto detect settings , which its then unable to do , i can surf the web using the web and walk function and my blackberry is sending me my emails from my pc , t-mobile say its a blackberry issue any ideas anyone ???

im pretty new to bb only had it a couple of days but is it possible to video people as i can take pics but no video !!!:manmad:

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: BB 8310 NETWORK SETTINGS ????

Try configuring the appropriate APN settings by going to Options > Advanced Options > TCP.

What Are My TCP and APN Settings

The Curve doesn't have the ability to record video...yet. There is an operating system update (OS 4.5) that will be released soon that will allow for this functionality.

New Contributor

thanks for the ifo on the update software - i still have had no by changing my tcp settings , these are the apps that dont work , gps (maps) , blackberry maps , opera, guitar hero 3 , facebook !and yahoo one search .

all it comes down to is network config ??? im really confused as my t -mobile web and walk works , my emails are coming onto my bb fine and yahoo messenger also is fine . any other suggestions

Contributor

For the video, you'll need to get/buy MEDIA CARD as your phone doesn't have the capacity. And as it seems, you're downloading a lot which can slow & make your phone more problematic. The BEST thing to do is contact BlackBerry thru your provider, T-Mobile and ask to speak DIRECTLY to BlackBerry, as BlackBerry does NOT allow providers to work on, nor assist with product! You can also find BlackBerry on the web & yet that too. They will have to walk you through (re)set up of your Service Books & possibly delete others. So its BEST to talk to BlackBerry; not get advise on lounge for this particular dilemma. They are very helpful!
New Contributor

ive only done all this downloading to see if it applied to app , or just some apps i'll try calling t-mobile again i did ask if they had a number for blackberry which they replied "no" look online at there contact us page ??????

i cant find a number anywhere so will again phone t-mobile and ask as you say to speak to someone at bb direct ???

anyone happen to know blackberrys number so i dont have to phone the people at t-mobile and get fobbed off .

Contributor

Re: Re: BB 8310 NETWORK SETTINGS ????

This will sound asinine, but call Sprint18882114727, and ask for BlackBerry tech! This works for me.