Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Pgpaperboy
My Device: Not Specified

BB 8330 media card

Hi. I just got the Blackberry Curve 8330 last week and am still having some problems. My latest is this: i bought a 2 gb media card and installed into phone. Then i transferred about 50 or so songs onto the card. Later I went to transfer more music but got an error message that the files could not be transferred. I looked under options/media card and read: total space 1.8 gb   free space 1.4 gb. Talked with verizon wireless and was told to format the card, which i did. repeated everything but same problem. now verizon tells me the media card is bad. i bought a new 2 gb card, formatted, and tried again. same exact thing. once i put 20 % capacity on the card i get this same message. does anyone think it may actually be the phone? or something else? thank you.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: BB 8330 media card

[ Edited ]
Do you have a memory card reader? If so connect the media card to the computer via a memory card reader, and then try to load the music files there Do you get a similar message?
Message Edited by JeremyKitching on 06-02-2008 03:30 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pgpaperboy

I'll try that next. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
n2xsru
My Device: Curve 8330- Sprint

did you get your media manager to work if so how and what service do you have
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pgpaperboy

i had the phone back at verizon and they are sure the blackberry is defective. will post later.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
n2xsru
My Device: Curve 8330- Sprint

I talked to sprint yesterday and they told me that BB knows that they have a problem with the media manager and the calander and are working to release a new version. stay tuned i guess
Please use plain text.