Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Priceworth
My Device: bb 8520

BB 8520 Call failed & MM#5

Hello guys, I bough blackberry 8820 from a friend, he told me when he was using it the other day he wasn't able to make/receive any calls/texts and i though it could be an easy fix. The phone is unlocked (un branded) tried with o2, vodafone, lebara SIM cards without any luck (full signal, gprs, etc) but when i try to call somebody it says call failed and the same tone if i try to call somebody which is speaking with someone already (busy tone). When i try to call emergency (e.g. 999) it says ''Phone not allowed MM#5''. The phone is not stolen, etc as this guy is one of my best friends and he just wont lie to me, i also checked the IME and it says that it's not stolen(blocked). Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BB 8520 Call failed & MM#5

I looked around for you and this here are the suggestions I found:

• See if another SIM card will work
  • Try a battery pull - with the phone on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, reinsert and wait for the phone to reboot
  • Short of that, here's a set of steps that where written up on another forum:

Procedure
Step 1 : Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again. If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here.

Step 2 : Download the file policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).

Step 3 : Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device. If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest OS for your device. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 : Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5 : From the Windows XP Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 6 : Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7 : Connect the Device. Verification Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Try those steps and see how it works out for you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Priceworth

Thanks for the idea buddy. Another problem ... tried to synchronise the phone with my PC (win 7 64 bits) but there's no any response. When i plug it nothing happens, when i run the bb desktop software it says to connect my bb device (it's already connected). Any idea?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Priceworth

synchronisied finaly. (dodgy usb charger thingy). Will try to do the above things asap and report back.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Priceworth

Battery was pulled about 5 times without any success. 3 different sim cards tried as stated, all the same.Did the whole procedure (including deleting all the data, etc). No luck again. Any other ideas guys?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Priceworth

im about to gave up guys, any help will be appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Sorry... headed out for a bit.  I have seen a number of cases similar to yours in my search to figure out this problem, but I'm sorry to say that none had any confirmed solutions.  :smileysad:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Priceworth

Ugh, not good news i guess. If anybody has ANY ideas let me know. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Priceworth

anyone guys?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Priceworth

forgot to mention that it's running the latest software upgrade thingy.

Please use plain text.