Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
mukulsantra
My Device: BB 8520 CURVE
My Carrier: Vodafone India

BB 8520 curve Version 5.0.0.1036

Hi Sir ,

The solution provided by you is very helpful and i have successfully upgarde my BB Handheld software. V5.0.0.1036 ( bundle 1682 , Platform 5.2.0.104 ) Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.85 I want to make my icons all look like V6 BB has . Is there any upgrade for BB 8520 Curve model or do u have any upgrade more than V5.0.0.1036 ( bundle 1682 , Platform 5.2.0.104 ) this. Does my BB 8520 curve V5.0.0.1036 supports V 6.0 . I am waiting for your Reply .

Mukul 

Networks Administrator

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BB 8520 curve Version 5.0.0.1036

the 8520 will not support OS 6

there are some themes that mimic it abit though

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mukulsantra
My Device: BB 8520 CURVE
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Heyyy , Can u provide me the link to download that .
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

mukulsantra wrote:
Heyyy , Can u provide me the link to download that .

Check your AppWorld or any theme developer site. There are MANY.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
honpecco2k4
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: glo

Hi, I upgraded my bb 8520 v4 to V5.0.0.1036 (bundle 1682, platform 5.2.0.104) and I can't use my bb protect and my bb app world. Can you advise on what to do as I have tried several ways to run the softwares to no avail.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

After any update, I always suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mutinkhebetty
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

Hi

My phone is hacked. Applications appear and disappear. I downloaded What's App in September and its gone. Before then, Yahoo, Google Talk were not there. Do they come with Blackberries and are mobile operators allowed to install them? Hackers are spying. They have my passwords and email addresses. My Facebook has been deactivated. I didn't do it. I can access my bank account from my phone. Though I didn't deposit a lot of money, transactions went through and were reversed. But am too scared to walk into a bank. I posted my problems on Facebook. Phone contacts are blocked. Phone has been jammed. Calls diverted. Phoned turned off. Back attempts sabotaged. This has happened over a period of two years. My boyfriend bought the phone Christmas 2010 from Airtel Arcades though I think he said Manda Mill. I had a receipt for K1,500,000 from Arcades. Today I emailed Airtel Human Resource Director Zambia and tried forward correspondence from its Customer Service dept requesting a Police search warrant. Please launch a separate investigation on my behalf as I believe that it is someone that knows the phone will attempt to prevent the company from helping me. Mutinkhe

Edit: Personal information removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Terms & Conditions and Support Community Guidelines for additional information.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sadly, there is no one here, in this user-to-user community, that can do anything formal on your behalf under your unfortunate circumstances.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mutinkhebetty
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

Hi

My phone is hacked. Applications appear and disappear. I downloaded What's App in September and its gone. Before then, Yahoo, Google Talk, AIM, AOL were not there. Do they come with Blackberries and are mobile operators allowed to install them? Hackers are spying. They have my passwords and email addresses. My Facebook has been deactivated. I didn't do it. I can access my bank account from my phone. Though I didn't deposit a lot of money, transactions went through and were reversed. But am too scared to walk into a bank. I posted my problems on Facebook. Phone contacts are blocked. Phone has been jammed. Calls diverted. Phone turned off or attempts were made to wipe my memory without verification so I turned it off by removing battery. Backup attempts sabotaged. This has happened over a period of two years. My ex boyfriend bought the phone Christmas 2010 from Airtel Arcades though I think he said Manda Mill. I had a receipt for K1,500,000 from Arcades. Not that my car was also hacked - a Toyota Vitz. Indicators stopped working so no turn signals. Battery died many times. Sabotage I suspect. Today I emailed Airtel Human Resource Director Zambia and tried forward correspondence from its Customer Service dept requesting a Police search warrant. Please launch a separate investigation on my behalf as I believe that it is someone that knows the phone and will attempt to prevent the Airtel/police from helping me. Mutinkhe

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello again, mutinkhebetty,

Please re-read my reply above...this site is a user to user community. It is not a channel for any formal communications with RIM, nor a channel for any escalations to RIM for your needs. If you desire for RIM to be involved, you must convince your mobile service provider to escalate your case into them.

I sympathize deeply with your plight, but I do not want you hoping that posting here will accomplish what you desire...for it shall not.

Good luck to you.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.