Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

MrX
New Contributor
MrX
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

BB 8520 curve bbm restore

Hey guys if got a bb 8520 curve with os5 and its running bbm 7 i just want to know if i reinstall the os will i be able to restore my bbm contacts

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB 8520 curve bbm restore

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With BBM7, your contacts are not on your device (technically) but rather stored "in the cloud" along with your BB ID. So, if you revert to an ancient OS, but one that supports BBM7, AND you make sure to install to the device BBM7, then as long as you've used the exact same BB ID credentials, your BBM contacts will appear on your BB. But, if BBM7 is not compatible with that ancient OS --OR-- you do not update it to BBM7, then you will have no BBM contacts.

At present, I've found no way to manually backup your BBM contacts from BBM7 so as to use them in an older version of BBM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
MrX
New Contributor
MrX

hey thanx how do i know that my contacts have been backed up

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

To what?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
MrX
New Contributor
MrX

blackberry id

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Well, with the way you asked the question, it's actually your question that is flawed. Refer back to what I said earlier.

Technically, with BBM7 your BBM contacts are not even stored on your device, so there is no "backup" to BBID to happen. Rather, they are stored "in the cloud" with your BBID, and simply reflected on your device...but the "master" location is the cloud (your BBID). So there is no "backup" to conduct nor validate.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.