Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB 8830 bluetooth paring

I just bought a new Maxima and I can not get the bluetooth to work. I complete all the steps for paring and my BB starts blinking the blue light. The paring is complete in the car since it stored the phone name and priority, but I try to make a call it shows "No phone found".

I have gone to the dealer and they did the paring on two other cars with the same result.

Help!

Contributor

Re: BB 8830 bluetooth paring

My observation is that if the devices are kept too close the bluetooth will not work.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

I'm not to technical in Bluetooth, but have you tried making your Blackberry discoverable and letting the car fid it?

Or of that's the way you did it, can you delete the blackberry from the car and let the Blackberry find it?

Just a thought!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310 & Bold

New Contributor

Tried it by holding it close to me sitting at the drives seat while paring and no change. Same problem. I do not think the problem is related to too short of the distance while paring.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Solution:

I was able to pair another Blackberry 8830 so the problem had to be the phone.

I had the phone wiped completely so it would go back to factory defalts and that cleared the problem.

Thanks, Mario