Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

BB 8900 Curve NO SOUND

Hi everybody.  Thanks for taking the time to help me.  My phone won't ring, no keyboard sounds, no camera sound, no speaker phone.  All gone.  I have checked my settings, turned the phone off and on, taken out the battery and booted it.  Any help is appreciated. 

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB 8900 Curve NO SOUND

You can test this by going to Options >Status.  On this page type  T E S T (you won't see anything typing on the screen.)  Once in the Diagnostics hit the menu key and select "Start."  Then check the box for "Handset Audio" and then hit menu and select Run.  Follow the on screen instructions.  It should check both the handset speaker and the Handsfree speaker.  If you still don't hear anything then the speaker is likely defective.  The speakers have been known to fail.  Have you dropped the device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Thank you John.  I took it into my provider and they say the speaker is out.  It hasn't been wet or dropped.  That is so crazy.  I have had the phone for 6 months and hope this isn't a regular issue!  Once again, I appreciate your help and response! 

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodaphone

I know this is an old thrread, but nevertheless still relevant to BB Curve 8900 users.

Anybody not getting speaker sound may want to check to see if the phone has been refurbed with new housing etc. 

The middle section of the replacement parts often is missing the gold contact points which connect the sound to the speakers in the phone. I found this out to my chagrin when refurbishing a really scratched model I picked up on ebay cheaply. When the new housing was completely fitted, the sound did not function, apart from when using ear phones.

So today I replaced the middle section with the old one after noticing the "new" one was missing the contacts. Hey presto !!..all working fine and still the phone looks good as I have been able to add the shiny new front and back housing sections.

Next stop...Screen replacement !!

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Rogers

This happened to me recently-- no sound whatsover from the loudspeaker. 

I read the other replies in this thread, and briefly considered disassembling my phone to check connections etc. 

Upon learning that I would have to obtain a special screwdriver and possibly a new housing as per youtube instructional videos,

i instead opted to DROP MY PHONE ONTO MY CONCRETE FLOOR from about 4 feet--

Sure enough, bingo! sound is working again!

Hoping this will buy me a little time while I pick out a new phone!

Thanks BB supportforums!