Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kw80
My Device: Curve 9220

BB 9220 Unable to set up email account

I have a new BB 9220 and I am trying to set up my gmail account, but when I go to Setup > Email accounts I get an error message saying 'Your device had a problem connecting to the server'.

Internet browsing, BBM and whatsapp are all working fine.

Could you let me know how I can solve this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: BB 9220 Unable to set up email account

Wit your device broser try going to www.blackberry.com/integrate and see if you can set up email there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kw80

Hi Thanks for this, however when I tried this I got a message saying my device isn't registered, and to go to Advanced Options on my device to register. I don't have an Advanced options menu on this blackberry that I can find, would you have any suggestion on where to go from here? Thank you
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I would contact your wireless service provider and make sure your account is properly provisioned for a BlackBerry data plan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kw80

Many thanks will try that
Please use plain text.