Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

aa26i
My Device: blackberry curve 9220

BB 9220. from where did the password comes from?

I bought new unlocked blackberry curve 9220 from Dubai and i am living in Libya. after almost three weeks of using blackberry with no issue with my mobile service provider "madar", today when i connect my blackberry with my laptop for contacts sync, the message pops up that enter password (1/10):. I bought unlocked blackberry and only I locked my SIM with the 4 digit password. I don't know from where this password comes.
I tried my 4 digit SIM pass 3 times with error then message came to enter "blackberry". i did and then asking for the password again with 7 tries left. i tried few more time and now I have only 2 tries left. i have data of around three weeks (because the set was new) but still that is important data to me to get.
anyone tell me please how to unlock it now.or at least what should i do to get it from blackberry support department by giving them IMEI# pin BT MAC . Also i read that RIM can unlock. what is this RIM and how to do by RIM.

Thanks in advance for all replies and support

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB 9220. from where did the password comes from?

Hi and Welcome to the Community...apologies for the delayed reply...hopefully you already got this resolved!

From what you describe, the password is question is completely separate from the others you discuss. Rather, the password that the Desktop Software requires is the exact same password you must use to unlock your device when you have, within the Security Options of the BB, created a device lock password. Only that password can work, and no one has any way to override it. For this password, there is no "backdoor" or "master" password that RIM or anyone else has...only that user-created password can unlock it.

I've no idea how that got created, but from what you describe, it did get created...and only that exact password will work and prevent wiping your data from your BB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.