Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
raneeshcr
My Device: Curve 9220

BB 9220

Hi

I just bought a BB Curve 9220, I am in UAE and the carrier is Etisalat.

I got a message from Blackberry saying your handheld has been registered with the wireless network.

But BIS is not yet activated; I could register with etisalatblackberry page and tried to send the service book.

Did hard reset, nothing happens.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB 9220

Hi raneeshcr

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry for the trouble.... But simply a successful device registration with our carrier network don't mean that BIS is activated in your account , you should call or contact your carrier Etisalat to verify that they activated such plan in your account ,sometime carrier takes a little longer to activate such plan . So first call your carrier to confirm that .

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
raneeshcr

Dear prince
The service is activated since yesterday night; according to the carrier.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what is the status now ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
raneeshcr

Not Connected
Elite II
prince2012

raneeshcr wrote:
Not Connected

Hi there ,

As you can see that your device is not yet connected to BIS , or your carrier have not yet activated in your account from there side . It is your carrier issue , so call them again and let them know about this status 

Contributor
raneeshcr

Hi

I had called my carrier (etisalat) many times regarding this issue; they says the service is activated, but in my phone it still appears BIS is not connected; but the BBM shows green and the status shows available,

any thought in this?

Contributor
raneeshcr

[ Edited ]

can anyone send a bbm request? this is my pin [personal information removed]

Contributor
raneeshcr

the problem is not solved yet; so far I have not received a reply from the carrier; they always say to do hard reset by pulling out the battery; hrt registration, turning on and off the data, network;

(how many times I did the same .....its alomost a week )

yesterday I changed the device, the new device connects through wifi, still bis not getting connected on data plan

please help

Contributor
raneeshcr

where is the RIM support person? so far there is no support from the carrier Etisalat UAE;

atleast arrange some suppot from RIM

raneeshcr wrote:

the problem is not solved yet; so far I have not received a reply from the carrier; they always say to do hard reset by pulling out the battery; hrt registration, turning on and off the data, network;

(how many times I did the same .....its alomost a week )

yesterday I changed the device, the new device connects through wifi, still bis not getting connected on data plan

please help

where is the RIM support?