Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
nicolafusconi
My Device: 9300

BB 9300 - Facebook notifications

I'd like to remove the facebook notifications auto receiving.
The option in the BB facebook app "Facebook Notifications" is unticked  and I also already selected ""Turn off all notifications by email".
Despite this, I'm still automatically receiving  those annoying notifications . :smileymad:
I've also already tried several times to restart the BB and also uninstalling and reinstalling the FB app, but the result is the same.
Can anyone help me? :Helpsmilie:

Thanks!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB 9300 - Facebook notifications

Hi nicolafusconi

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you had already turn off all notification within your device from Facebook for BlackBerry application but still recieving then try login to FaceBook from desktop Go to Account Setting > Notifications > Notifications from Apps > Edit  > Untick or Uncheck BlackBerry Smartphone Apps then Save it .

See if that helps.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
nicolafusconi

Thnaks mate.

Just tried, the option was ticked and now I unticked it from my laptop.

I did reboot my BB but I'm still receiving.

I more info: I got from my company this new 9300 last weeek because the previous one (same 9300) got expired, and I didn't have that kind of issue by using the "old one". From day 1 I set up the previous one as the new one (NO notifications at all) and I didn't receive, the BB was doing was requested. The new one seems more "independent" :Eek:

More usggestions?

Elite II
prince2012

Hi nicolafuconi

OK then try something else :smileywink: If you don't want any type of notification like visual or sound from facebook to BlackBerry we can try this On your HomeScreen Go to Options >  Sound and Ring Tones > Profile Management > With your trackpad highlight your current profile Press the Menu key and edit > Scroll down to Other Applications -Notification > expand it > Click on Facebook > On that screen You can disable the Sound Alert ,Visual Alert  to Silent  and Off .

I hope it will help.

Prince

New Contributor
nicolafusconi

Thnak sfor the quick reply!

By following your suggestion I will avoid sounds & blinking, but the facebook notification icon will still appear in my home page......right? i'm not disappointed because of the sound or the light, I'm disappointed because I don't want to see notifications icon :smileyhappy:

Elite II
prince2012

Hi nicolafusconi

This will just disable sounds and led notification but you will have your facebook icon on your device. This process is just an alternative  to the problem you are having .But  to diable the notification icon on notification bar completely you had to try it on Facebook for blackberry application.If we disable Notfication within facebook for BlackBerry it stops showing any notification but in your case its not responding.:smileysad:

Prince