Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300

BB 9300 Switch off...

Dear Friends,

For the pase two months i have a major issue with my blackberry curve 9300, which i will explain below.

My BB gets switched off (without any intimation) when i was speaking or some times when idle. The time of switch off was random and it was not connected to the mobile auto on and off.

The main problem is, it do not switches on back, when i give a long press on the red power button. To switch on the mobile , i will have to re-insert the battery (Some times it will work for the first time... or some times i need to try it 4-5 times).

I have also asked the mobile shops regarding this...

(1)   Battary Problem (mainly Swelling) -----    But no, it stands with 4-5 days backup, no swelling.

(2)   Virus problem in memory card       -----    But, it gets off again with new memory card and in the        

absence of a memory card.

(3)  Updates                                                -----    The mobile is Up to date.

PleasE Help Me OuT RegaRdinG... or it coule have happend because of other issues ??????

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: BB 9300 Switch off...

Hi jaat88

If your Battery is in good condition then can you share a few things like How many third party application you have on your device ? Have you done a reload your device OS without installing any of those applications ? 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300

Hey Thanks !

I think i have found the cause of the switch off.... 

The condition of the battary is good, but it has a problem of fluctuting inside the mobile, where it dose not fit properely.

The problem arose only after 5-6 months of mobile purchase and i donno how it happend now. After placing a small piese of paper between battary and mobile, it dosen't go off now.

Thanks Again...

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Hey jaat88

That great ! that paper piece trick has helped many user in the past as it helped in your case :smileyhappy: I wish you  mark your post as Solution so that other users can also get help from this solution :smileyhappy: 

Cheers ! 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.