Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

BB 9300 battery dies without notification

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I just got my BB curve 9300 about a month ago. I noticed the battery dies when it still has 30-40% life in it. It doesn't even give me a notification or anything. It's on one minute and I look the next and it's off. It will only turn back on if I stick it on the charger and charge it. This becomes a problem when I depend on it as an alarm in the morning or if I'm going to be out all day. I close my applications and everything. I don't think that would be a problem in this case anyways since the battery seems to still have 30-40% life in it. Does anyone else have this problem? Could this be the battery or the phone?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: BB 9300 battery dies without notification

Hi

The Blackberry is designed to be reset by removing the battery whilst the device is powered-on. Leave the battery out for a minute or 2. So try this first.

See if that resolves the problem.

Couple of points to bear in mind.

My new out-of-the-box battery was faulty. Fortuneatly, the assistant tried to charge it in the shop, reailsed it was faulty and replaced it.. Don't leave the shop if it needs a new battery, without testing it.

Always charge the battery fully and don't keep charging it "just in case," let it run right down.

The quick discharge of a battery could be due to a fault, but it could also be caused by running multiple applications often by accident.  A classic is one of the battery extending apps; they run constantly. Always physically close an app, browser etc by Menu > Close (or exit) whilst in the app.

Also, don't have BlueTooth turned on when you are not paired to another device.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I would agree to everything you said if the battery was actually dying like it should. Considering it shows that it still has 30-40% battery and I don't even get a notification when it has a low battery, I feel as though it has something to do with the phone.

I just called my phone carrier and they told me it is probably a software problem. So they are sending me a replacment phone and I have to send mine in.

Thank you so much for your help though!! Keep on keepin on Smiley Wink

Solutions: 6,267
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I have learned differently about the Li-Ion batteries, there is no need to charge fully each time to 100%, and you should NOT discharge them fullly each time below 15%.

It is explained in my link here, with many good charging tips:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Everyday's a school day so thank you for that.

I'll put the shop right next time I'm in town.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>