Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jay8888888
My Device: bb curve 9310
My Carrier: boostmobile

BB 9310 Aborts & Powers off by itself?...

Does any one knows what to do when your bb loads & when it gets to the home screen it aborts & powers off?... When you try to interrupt the abort the keys won't work... Then the phone won't allow you to power back up... How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lerway89
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: 02

Re: BB 9310 Aborts & Powers off by itself?...

What do you mean by loads? Do you mean when the handset is turned on?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jay8888888

No... I mean that the bb bar will load up on power up & then when it gets to the point when the home screen will appear, it aborts & turns off completely by itself... The only way you can get the phone to reboot or power up is by doing a battery pull, but the same thing keeps happening. The home screen will show for one second & then the phone aborts & turns off.... I thought it was a software problem?..(maybe) I did wipe the phone & installed another os, but this still happens. Could this happen from a bad app? Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It could be a software problem, or it could be hardware. The first tests I recommend are these...

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jay8888888

Sdgardne.... I tried what you suggested, but this didn't work either... I don't know what the problem could be. I thank you for your advice.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Unfortunately, that result does not make complete sense. I can see "didn't work" as a result of the first test (4h15m), but I can't understand "didn't work" for the second test (battery swap). Could you elaborate please? The exact results of the 2nd test may well guide us to next steps.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jay8888888

I tried the 4h15m test... I haven't tried a new battery yet

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...well let us know when you've done that one. But, please pay careful heed to the words I originally used..."new" versus "known good".

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.