Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: BB - Curve 9320
My Carrier: BB store

BB 9320 Heating up

Hy there , 

My BB 9320 is heating up , if i use the internet and if use BBM  , it got heatup in short amount of time only and battery is draining out very quiclky , can anyone help me out what is the problem ? its a problem with  battery or what?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB 9320 Heating up

Hello nihitkanungo

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Some time our BlackBerry  may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging and it's quite normal on a BlackBerry 7 devices. If we press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) you can always look if any other apps. are running in the background.

And always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.Don't leave your Browser open when not in use.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage.Please have a look at those Article I hope it will help you a lot in overcoming your problems :

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: cell c

Re: BB 9320 Heating up

Hi nihitkanungo, I also have a 9320. It used to head up and drain fast! Esp in 3G mode. What I would advise you to do is back up your details. Then go to options and do a security wipe. Wipe everything execept your memory card. It will take a while! But when done wait for it to reboot. Set it up again. Go to host rooting table and re-register again your bis service if you have any. Then do a battery pull. . .now switch your phone to 3G mode. Also note that apps like facebook, opera mini, some games drains a lot of battery. I recomment you browse the net using the phones browser. . . If all fails do a OS udate using your PC. Choose v7.1.0 907 its sluggish but great battery perfomance
Tebogo j wesi