Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

makader
My Device: BB Curve 9320

BB 9320 - Screen goes black, LED light off and device unresponsive for a 3-30 seconds, then repeats

Hi there, 

I got a BB 9320, then replaced it through the vendor for this same issue but it is still occuring. 

When using my phone, fully charged or not, the screen will go black and LED light is off for a 3-30 seconds mid task and the device becomes completely unresponsive. It will eventually come back, and restart the task (ie, if i'm typing a txt messge, it will be back to the message inbox, or for an email back to my email inbox, etc.). It's really frustrating because at times it will continually happen for so long that I give up on using my bb entirely. 

I have tried restarting the device to factory settings, removing the battery, keeping it continually charged, draining the battery entirely. 

What is happening? How can I fix this??

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BB 9320 - Screen goes black, LED light off and device unresponsive for a 3-30 seconds, then repeats

Hey makader,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I would suggest doing a clean reload of the BlackBerry® device software as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320. Please test before restoring any data to the device.

If this resolves the issue do a selective restore of essential data (Address Book, Calendar, Task, Memos, BBM contacts etc.)
How to use BlackBerry® Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry® smartphone from a backup file
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339.

If the issue still persists after the reload, further investigation might be required. To help further diagnose the cause, contact your wireless service provider or BlackBerry® Technical Support Services for further review and support.

Thank you

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!