Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
xaxu
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB 9360 problem with USB Devices.

Hello again:

When i connect my BB 9360 to an USB Port, and select charge mode, it causes a conflict with my other USB devices connected, like external USB Hard Disk, USB card reader.

They are inaccesible until disconnect the BB and reboot my computer.

I use Windows 7 x64 Professional, Vs. 6.1. SP 1
It running in Intel core quad Q6600, 4GB DDR2
with a NVIDIA GT240 1GB VDRAM DDR3

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: BB 9360 problem with USB Devices.

I'm using windows 7 x32 ultimate SP 1 running intel i7 870 Quad core, 2GB ram, NVIDIA GT430 and find no issues.

I suggest updating your mother board drivers and see if the issues persists.

Are there any yellow "!" In device manager of your pc?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xaxu

Hello and thanks:
There is not yellow flags in my device manager.
I've got updated the motherboard and all the drivers recently.
When i plug in the smartphone, my computer recognize the device, but the phone takes about 1 minute to show the menu to choose the option desired.
Then my USB Hard Disk and USB Card Reader turns  inaccessible.
Neither i can use it with my USB car audio system, it says "no media found" when  plug in, it is only in charge mode.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Concerning desktop manager (DM) sluggishness in recognizing your device depends on version of DM you are using. It was found that DM 7 was sluggish and media sync function was freezing, RIM is aware, and advised at that time for users to back to DM 6 until the issue was resolved. If you installed Roxio manager as well it may hamper things further.

I had DM 5 initially installed on my pc with the same specs I mentioned it recognized both my 9360 and 8520 extremely quickly. However I also found some sluggishness with DM 7 after upgrading from DM 5 but not usb interference of usb devices connected eg. 500gig + 250gig, samusng and seagate HDD.

If you installed Roxio with along with DM installation, uninstall and reinstall without Roxio. But first check for latest DM.

If this fails then we will troubleshoot further bear that even I encounter some slight delays with DM seeing my device so that may be still there but hopefully other issue will be resolved.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

I forgot about car audio system, some older blackberries had no issues connecting to them. On them they have the option "always enable mass storage option when connected" this maybe facilitated a quick sync like process to audio system. I'm struggling to find this option in os 7.

Possible solution (not tried myself) I assume when connecting to car audio you see the prompt on your 9360 "enable mass storage mode, sync media or charge.

Are you using media sync or mass storage option?

When connecting to my pc I use "mass storage" with no interupting my other usb devices. If you using media sync try mass storage, as for car audio, are you using sync also?

Experiment accordingly and report back.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xaxu

Hello again:
First give you thanks for your faster and clear answers.
No, when it is connect the smart phone to my audio car system, there is no option to choose,  it is putting automatic in charge mode without any message.
If i´ve tried to look for it with the audio system it says "no device found".
I´ve probed a BB 8520 and a 8300 they work fine in the audio system.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello

•On your pc, RIGHT click on your toolbar, and open task manager and click processes tab, now look for "Rim quick launch" process and "device mangement".

• If its not found this could be the problem.
• Have you disabled it....to verify ..type "MSCONFIG" in search box below "start" button on your pc....now go to "startup" tab in misconfig and see if rim quick launch is disabled. If disabled , enable and reboot.
• Once reboot hook up device via usb cable and see what happens.

••• NB: if you find the Rim quick launch was running all along then the reverse is true, disable it in task manager by right clicking on it task manager and choosing "end process"

I found for me it worked when I needed to use BBSAK to load os. Rim quick process in task manager interfered with connection.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
xaxu

Hello again.
Sorry for my delayed, I was out.

I found a solution, at the moment it still works.
The basic problem is with the USB cable interface.
I changed the USB properties in windows device manager,
selected BB 9360, Hardware, Select RIM BlackBerry SD USB Service, click on properties,
click on change configuration, select tab directives, and vualá, select best output and the problem disappear. The smart phone appears like a usb device on the task bar, and it can be accesible like another USB device, unmount it, etc.

Thank for your help and your knowledge.

P.D. Still I don´t found a solution to my USB car audio system conection.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386

Hello

Is your phone set to "always connect" to car audio, if not try that. Sometimes it may require complete pairing of the devices from scratch. Also what audio system is this?
Please use plain text.