Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

kassimatis
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Cell-C

BB 9360

I got my first 9360 on 5 Oct 2012 from Cell-C on contract (0845642916).  Within the first week the handset was returned due to software errors, it was replaced with a new one under the OTB  (out of the box failure) policy.  During the next couple of months it was returned to Cell-C twice for repaires, exact same error. Such repairs takes 3 to 4 weeks as the handsetis forwarded to Johannesburg for repairs.  On reciept afte the last repair the handset was returned again for the same problem within 4 days.  This time it was replaced again (handset no 3).  On 14 June 2013 the handeset was returned again with software problems, and soon after again the same problems featured and the handset was returned.  This time it was replaced again (handset no 4).  Two weeks later tha handset was returend due to a faulty speaker.  On the morning of 5 July the head of the reapir centre phone me and said that they are going to send me a new handset again, stil outstanding. 

The handset was teruned to the Cell-C repair centre 7 time in 10 moths resulting in it being away for approxamitly 20 - 28 weeks (almost 7 of the 10 months that I have this handset).  I nfeel that I pay for a specific handset (price of handset included in the contract price) and yet I do not have the handset that I am paying for.  Cell-C can not even provide me with and equal type of handset while mine is away.

I would like to know what Blackberry is going to do to resolve this matter to my satisfaction once and for all.  I complaind to Cell-C customer services with no luck.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB 9360

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user.

BSCF User Comm.JPG

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your existing service center and/or place of purchase...even if they so far have not been helpful. You have no free path by which to bypass them, and rather than trying once and giving up, you should be escalating through their management until you find someone who will be able to help you.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.