Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ashokbisht
My Device: BB 9380

BB 9380 getting switching off automatically 4-5 times a day

My BB 9380 is getting switched off automatically 4-5 times a day from the past 15-20 days.Its getting automatically & den it loads for 5 mins approx before turning off...Moreover,whenever a make a call and then disconnect it ,it is showing "Supplementary Service error:General Error".Please help me ASAP ..plz..its hetting really moreon now a days...

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB 9380 getting switching off automatically 4-5 times a day

Hello ashokbisht

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

As far as I understand you're having two issue , First you're having problem with your device being switch off itself and secondly the error Supplementry Service error . For you second problem can your contact your Carrier Vodafone and get a new SIM because a few user were able to fix this error after replacing there SIM card .

For you second problem , it may be because of any Installed application or a problem with the battery itself . Can you confirm if you have installed any new application on your device or have you tried to test with another battery to see if thats a battery issue !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
ashokbisht
My Device: BB 9380

Hi...thanx for reply,would take a new sim n let u know if the second problem still persits,and for the 1 st problem,I have been using what's app app n my battery is new,is it because of what's app .Do I need to format my MC ???
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hello ashokbisht

If you thing that it is  whatsapp application then you can try Deleting Whatsapps to see if problem cease . If even after removing that application you face the same problem then rather then wiping you should consider Reloading your device Software , it will fix any software glitch . After reload don't install any  application for a day and notice if such behavior reappear , If everything goes well then  you can start with BlackBerry native apps . After that you can try try any other apps like Whatsapp. You can refer this KB for help on how to reload , but do you backup first using Desktop Software :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
ajaysomanath
My Device: Curve 9320

Dear Sir, kndly let me know if you got any solution for this regard as i'm facing this issue.

manjeets84
My Device: CURVE 9380

BB 9380 getting switching off automatically after every 4-5 minutes

Hi i am using Blackberry Curve 9380 from last one year and every thing was fine but 3 days back it started to swithing off after every 4-5 minutes, so i reset it and it was fine but as the IT poilcy was reapplied by the IT guys in my office it is giving the same problem again please let me know how to resolve it.