Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB App World

I have tried several times to download free apps from BB app world using my Curve 8520, but it tells me I cannot. I'm not sure if it's because I don't have app world on my handset, or because  I don't  have an app world ID. It's never asked me to make one.

So now  I'm on my pc, have just downloaded app world, and was prompted to make an ID, which I have.  Step 2 is connect my 8520 to the pc, then I have to update software on  it. I'm worried about doing this, as a few friends told me not to update any software  as can mess phone up?

I want app world, as whats the point  of my BB if I can't get apps for it? But I'm scared to download anything. Help!

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: BB App World

Have you got BB appworld on your device? If not, Download app world on your device from this link: www.blackberry.com/appworld/download

You should not have to do a device update.
Next, download an app, and it will ask you to enter your ID and then it will download.
Contributor

I did this, and it worked. I can now download apps. Thankyou.

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

No problem, please kudo aswell
New Contributor

I downloaded BB apps world on my curve. Everytime I try to download a app a message comes up and says " not available for download from BB apps world ". What's going on? Don't they have anything you can download?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

Where are you located, and do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan on your mobile provider account?

You must meet all of the requirements:
1. BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.2 or higher
2. BlackBerry smartphones with trackpads, trackballs or SurePress™ touch screen
3. To use BlackBerry App World, you require a service plan that includes access to the BlackBerry® Browser
4. And you must be in one of the countries which AppWorld supports
http://www.blackberry.com/app_includes/devicesoftware/appworld/appworld_availability_en.html

If you do meet all these then speak with your service provider and let us know the outcome.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor

Yes I have a data plan that supports everything BB has to offer & more ! I am in Texas! I live in a small town & I have spoke to my provider for several hours at a time,MANY TIMES!!! Their only answer IS to take it in to a City approx.75 mile round trip,to a TECH at a STORE! Iv had the flu & been unable to travel,ALSO the price of gas!!!!! Don't think it is FAIR to give me this only option!! Was sure hoping could resolve this problem on this site!!Thanks for your caring enough to try to help me!!Guess when I'm well enough to travel,I will GO!My car is old & gets apprx.10 miles to gal.Here gas prices r $3.79.9 today&going up DAILY!!!!SO WON'T Be a CHEAP FIX,NOT to MENTION MY TIME&TROUBLE on 2lane,deer everywhere&TRAFFIC Backup due to construction!!!!! A nightmare drive,altho a very scenic Texas HILL COUNTRY TRAIL road,if I could take my eyes off the road long enough to look around&enjoy it! I am single W/F,so no help to get there!ALL TO DO for myself by myself! Thanks anyway!
Forums Veteran I

Slow down. I'm sure we can help. By way of consolation the price of gas here (UK) is more than twice what you are paying and, yep, its rising daily too! I certainly think its out of order to send you

My response was to get you to confirm that you have all the requirements in place. Assuming that you have, we can now look for solutions. So here goes and DO bear in mind that it may take more than one suggestion to find the one that works for your issue.

Try and download a different app. Choose a free one - you can always delete it. The reason I suggest this is that not all the apps available on the store front work on all devices and therefore the "not available" will be displayed. Try a few and report back.

An example of this is I tried to download Blackberry Traffic and got the "not available" message. So before you choose an app, check out the Supported Devices list on the right of the the app you are reviewing.

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

hi there

well i upgraded by 8900 a few weeks ago, it said a few applications needed upgrading so i upgraded my bbm and facebook, but i couldnt do my Windows live messenger and since then WLM has dissapeared from my phone i checked on bb app world its not in the installed ot uninstalled list

help me?

how do i get it back?

Forums Veteran I

You can have mine with pleasure. I downloaded the app and within hours had messages from around 460 people!! Ive got 5 contacts on my associated email and only one that I have ever had a chat with and that was years ago.

Naturally I've gassed the app but if you dare risk it then download it again from app world.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/687