Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
diaddin_h
My Device: BB curve 3G
My Carrier: Bouygues telecom

BB Curve 3G doesn't work after OS upgrading to OS6

Hello, I have a BB Curve 3G with OS 5 and after installing the upgrade to OS 6, It does not work anymore. It restarts with the logo of the network operator and that is it. It blocks on the logo of the carrier. I tried to repair it by re connecting it to desktop software but it doesn't recognize it! Is there any solution?

Thank in you advance

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB Curve 3G doesn't work after OS upgrading to OS6

Hi diaddin_h

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Which Device do you have ? I think your Update process was not successful. Which method you tried to update your device software ,is it by Desktop Software or Over the Air Update ? 

Now As your device is not recognized so you have to use the Application Loader to force the detection of your device and load the OS back.But remember in this process you will loose all data within your device .I hope you have your device Backup or if you are using BlackBerry Protect you can restore it later on .Please follow this Knowledge Base  for further Instructions :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
diaddin_h
My Device: BB curve 3G
My Carrier: Bouygues telecom

Thank you very much prince2012 for your advice. It worked very well and i have my device again.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi diaddin_h

You are most welcome.. Its nice that your device is working again.:smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.