Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lucyloop
My Device: Blackberry Curve 5320
My Carrier: Orange

BB Curve 5320 - Cannot connect to the internet

Hi all,

I am new to owning a blackberry and have been having problems with connecting to the internet - 

Before buying a data plan for internet and messenger access from my service provider (Orange), I had connected to the internet via wifi and my home internet/router.

After purchasing the data plan from Orange, although my phone still said I was connected to my home's internet connection, I was able to receive requests through blackberry messenger so I thought everything had worked fine! I then decided to cease the wifi connection between the phone and my home's internet to connect to the blackberry/orange internet I am now paying for, but the problem is I cannot connect to the internet service that data plan should provide and I have now lost the use of the messenger service too (even when I reconnect by wifi to my home internet)

I have tried calling Orange but the people who I have tried talking to about this problem have been hard to understand, and not knowing the phone too well myself it has left me extremely confused. If anyone has any idea how I can connect to the internet I have paid for via the data plan I'd be really grateful!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Curve 5320 - Cannot connect to the internet

On your BlackBerry device, go to:

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device:   http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers - scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lucyloop
My Device: Blackberry Curve 5320
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the reply JSanders - 

I'm likely to seem really dense but when I click on Host Routing Table it just comes up with "GPRS UK" & "WI-FI" followed by numbers. 

And when I follow the instructions on the link (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402), I don't acutally have an "email set up" option.

And I have just done the reboot, however this has also been unsuccessful.

However, thank you for your help

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Call your carrier and CONFIRM that they have provisioned the BlackBerry Data Plan to your account.

It sounds like they have not, or are moving slow.  :smileysad:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.