Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Curve 8320 with wi-fi cannot connect to wireless linksys router

hello all, used the WI-FI setup and scanned for wireless networks and found my wireless router. Then put in WEP key and clicked on connect, then got a error: Unable to connect reason: W010: wi-fi ASSOCIATION FAILED I have turned off all security on the router and still the same error, then i went to two other locations with wireless access and was able to connect to one and not the other (same error) all of these are linksys wireless routers just different models. does anybody have any ideas about what is causing this.. sincerely, robin

Re: BB Curve 8320 with wi-fi cannot connect to wireless linksys router

I'm having the very same problem described here,  the only difference is that i'm using WPA authentication.

Any help available will be highly appreciated.

New Contributor

I am having the same problem at home as well, with a different router. Someone suggested to me something is wrong with the MAC address. Unfortunately, I am not extremely computer savvy and what was detailed in the reply to my problem is beyond me. I am still trying to figure it out.  What I have learned so far:
The MAC address on my phone and router/computer do not match, that is the problem causing the wi fi not to connect. Now how to change it to get them to match up, I don't know. My previous convo posted on these forums is at Problem with wi fi link

Hopefully we can get this issue resovled.  

New Contributor

I dont think the Mac address of the phone is a issue here unless you were telling the router to only authenticate MAC addresses that you specify.  I have gone to other locations with Linksys routers and got connected. so i suspect it may be another issue...