Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Terry_Hope
My Device: Curve 8520, v 4.6.1.314, BDM 6.0.0.40
Accepted Solution

BB Curve 8520 - How do I remove an email account?

I am in such trouble!  I set up my earthlink.net account on my phone so I could send ONE pic to my PC and now I cannot get it off!  I followed several suggestions on this forum and some of my own and now I cannot find any option on my Curve to set up an email account.  I deleted my login and password for my email account on my phone; I deleted the CIMIME from the Service Book and deleted something called BIS 5 from somewhere.  I'm still getting emails on my phone.

I sync my calendar with Outlook and the same email address so I haven't gotten rid of CICAL in the Service Book.

Please use plain text.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BB Curve 8520 - How do I remove an email account?

Hi Terry_Hope,

So to clarify, you are trying to remove your Earthlink email account from your BlackBerry® smartphone?  Do you have an email setup icon on your home screen?

Who is your wireless provider?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Terry_Hope

I don't have an email set up icon anywhere on my BB!  Somehow, in my efforts to remove the acct from my phone, I've deleted the icon for that.  I took my phone to AT&T, my service provider, and a tech tried to find it.  It should be one of four icons under Setup, right?  We both looked for the icon, thinking I might have accidentally moved it or hidden it.  Unfortunately, even after deleting the wrong things, I'm still getting emails!

Please use plain text.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Try logging into your BlackBerry® Internet Service account at http://att.blackberry.com.  If you are unable to do so, can you send me your PIN via Private Message so I can take a look at your account?

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Terry_Hope

Kudos!  It worked.  I deleted the email account, sent myself an email and it didnt' show up on my BB.  Thank you so much.  I didn't even have to sync to my PC - how is that even possible?  I can make a change on my PC  and it affects my BB?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Terry_Hope

I want to complete this saga in the hope that it will be helpful to someone in the future.  When I deleted my EarthLink email address via www.att.blackberry.com, it worked.  However, when I synced my Outlook calendar with my BB, it wanted to add 4,000+ events to the device, i.e.. it didn't recognized my earthlink. Outlook calendar.  Using my PC and the aforementioned website, I added a BlackBerry address and my earthlink address.  I went to my phone, Settings>Advanced Settings>Service Book and deleted the earthlink address entry for CMIME and the BB one for CICAL.  Didn't help.

So, on my PC, I went back to the website and used Filters!  I selected the earthlink address and Filters.  There were two choices:  "When no filters apply:  Forward messages to the device" and "Do not forward messages to device".  I chose the last one and my problems were solved!

I really appreciate Cpt_Sweatpants for introducing me to the PC website.

Please use plain text.