Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
pie3636
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

BB Curve 8520 : Too many files per directory ?

Hello,

I recently bought a 16 GB micro-SD card, and formatted it for my BlackBerry Curve 8520, but when I try to copy the entire content of my music folder (about 2000 files) in the card, my BlackBerry tells me the card contains some errors and i need to format it again. However it works when I only put a small amount of files on the card (for example, 50 music files). Is there a way to fix this ? Do i need to split my music into different folders or something ?

Thanks in advance,

pie3636

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB Curve 8520 : Too many files per directory ?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, based on what you stated, I'm thinking it might actually be a bad segment in the card, that's not used until you load enough data to it. I've not heard of a limit on the number of files, but I suppose it's possible.

To test, you should perhaps try loading 1999 files to the folder. And/or try a different card, as well as use your card in a different BB. All of this should be done with "known good"...make sure that the cards you test are know to be functional elsewhere, etc.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
pie3636
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Hello,

After several tries, it appears that my BlackBerry simply didn't like the songs with japanese characters in their title. I just renamed some of my songs and now it works perfectly !

Thank you :Clap:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Ahhh...an interesting, and quite subtle, result. Thanks for sharing it for others to learn from!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code