Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

boyblue
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Digicel

BB Curve 8520 Trackpad problems

i've had my 8520 bb for almost a year now and just a week ago i noticed that it stopped navigating up/down/across. Then today it just stopped working. It hasn't worked for 6 hours now and its really frustrating. Apparently i'm not the only one with this problem and i think that something should be done about this by the manufacture to replace or fix the problem!!! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
A-ramzan
My Device: Bold 9790 Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Virgin Media

Re: BB Curve 8520 Trackpad problems

hey there is your phone is still under warrenty i'm pretty sure you would be able to get that repaired if not replaced, is your mobile on contract or on PAYG? 

Kind Regards
A Ramzan
Please use plain text.
Chris2011
My Device: Curve 8520

ya this the same as me but i repaired it my self and replaced it but the replace ment dont work ether so i think the phone is dead to me but any help also with be good

Please use plain text.
Contributor
A-ramzan

Ok so far you have replaced the track pad right ? And it still doe sent work? Ok so when you were putting the new trackpad in did you check if any of the connectors were damaged, check the trackpad and the phone itself. Hope it helps
Kind Regards
A Ramzan
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coops17
My Device: blackberry 8520 curve
My Carrier: orange

what on earth are you supposed to do when it gets wet ???? i have an 8520 and the trackpad got wet i have repalaced it my self, several times and had it sent off 4 times with excessive repair costs(£258) to be exact it probably would be cheaper to buy a new make phone as blackberry's have world wide problems but as this is my 1st BB it mite just be the phone playing tricks on me.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
A-ramzan

When it gets wet, the objective is to pull out the battery as soon as possible to stop it short circuiting then you open the phone and place it in a bowl of rice and what works better is silica gel. What it does it soaks up all of the water wait a day or two and pop the battery back in and it should work.
Kind Regards
A Ramzan
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coops17

iv had it in all sorts of differnts ways of repair and put it my airing cupboard and it been in warm and cold temperatures(when we had snow) and ive taken it apart myself and dired it with a cool temperture from a hair drier and cottonbuds.. ive had this problem for two months now and its second nautre to me thats its broken and i'm forced to use my old phone for the time being and also i have paid excessive amounts for it to be repaird several times... they call themselves professionals they should be embarrissed...:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
A-ramzan

Well I honestly don't know what else you can do tbf just try the rice thing and see if it works. From the description you have given me it seems your phone has short circuited.
Kind Regards
A Ramzan
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coops17

fair enough i'll try it out if that dnt work i'll stick it the microwave lol... jokes i'll just see if i can claim a new one on the insurance or go for a different model next time... just to think its my parents fault for giving me the bloody thing for xmas lol

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
coops17

yippie my fone is now on the mend will post the news wen i get it back and let u all kno if it happens again

Please use plain text.