Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: ATT

BB Curve 8520 - password change notices

I have used the Curve 8520 since they first came out and was never prompted before about 6-9 months ago to change my screen password. Now I regularly receive notices that my password has expired, and I have to change it. How do I turn off this feature? I've checked throughout the menu and can't find any way to do this.Thanks for your help!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Curve 8520 - password change notices

Some email accounts such as Hotmail require you to confirm your password every 90 days. Could it be one of these that's prompting you to validate it? I've never heard of a screen password prompt being sent.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: ATT

Re: BB Curve 8520 - password change notices

No. It's not that. It's definitely the BB prompting...I also have my work enterprise account on the BB and checked w/my IT support when I started receiving the notices and he's scratching his head as it's not from them either. [I've been with this company for as long as I've had my device.] Which is why I've turned to this forum to find an answer.