Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
coachchunk1974
My Device: Curve 8520

BB Curve 8520 wont let me make or receive calls.

BB Curve 8520 wont let me make calls or receive them. I get this message come up "Supplementary Service Error: General Error". What do I do its driving me barmy?

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BB Curve 8520 wont let me make or receive calls.

Hello coachchuck1974

Welcome to the Community

This error only occurs when attempting to place a phone call using speed dial for a programmed number. Delete the speed dial number and then re-create it.

Goodluck and please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
coachchunk1974
My Device: Curve 8520

Why does my call immediately fail when i dial 

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

May I know how are you dialling it?

Please restart the phone by removing and placing the battery back while the device is ON. This process fixes the application modules in it without losing any data stored. Let us know if you still experience the issue after this.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Visitor
communitytowing
My Device: 8520 curve

Hi Ron Iam Shawn I also have the same problem have got a BB 8520 Curve that's also not receiving or making outgoing calls with the same supplementary service era message but I can serve the net receive SMSs and send them like now by tomorrow my fone is back to normal it happens every day and last for 6 hours exactly it like my phone is network blockt for the time been
Contributor
mynameischrissie
My Device: curve 8520

Hi. My problem is similar to coachchunk. I am unable to make outgoing calls. My phone screen shows its dialling then the call is disconnected immediately after. Internet,BBM and sms send and receive all work. Advice please? Thanks