Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

callyfc4123
My Device: BB Curve 8530

BB Curve 8530 turns itself off and reboots

every so often (once, maybe twice a day) my phone will automatically reboot itself.  When it returns to the home screen, a message about an 'uncaught exception java runtime error' shows up. 

i've already tried the 'lglg' log error fix posted on here, deleted Twitter app which didn't solve the problem (upon reboot after deleting twitter, the same error showed up).

im not completely technically 'savy' and am afraid to attempt the complete wipe of the BB...

my next step is throwing the phone off a wall or running it over with my car.

ive had no problems until now....an iphone might be calling my name.

HELP!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

Re: BB Curve 8530 turns itself off and reboots

Hi

I assume Twitter showed up in the error log. There may be others from recent downloads. Don't reinstall any suspect apps.

I was concerned about wiping and reinstalling, so much so that I researched and wrote it down. Looks daunting but its straight forward.

This what I did to completely wipe my BB. I wrote this before starting and printed it off.

If your device is functioning, perform a backup now if you haven't already done so saving the file to a place and in a name that you can easily locate on computer.

I then uninstalled DTM and then deleted all other references to BB/Rim in Windows Explorer thus removing the OS for the BB from the computer in order to ensure that the version I would reinstall would be a brand new downloaded version.

Get the latest Desk Top Software (DTS)
http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/?CPID=OTC-DSKTPSW&cp=OTC-DSKTPSW

and install it on the computer.

Get the correct latest version of the OS

http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

and save it to computer.

If the PC does not recognize the BB, You need to connect the via the USB cable. Then pull the battery from the BB.
With the battery pulled, connect the BlackBerry to the USB connector and as SOON as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN hit Next. You have to be quick. From there you can put the battery back in (make sure you install the battery or else when the OS update is completing and the device disconnects from the computer to reboot, it will lose the power provided by the USB connection and you will get an error and have to do it all over again!).

If you don't get it right the first time, try again (unplug from USB, pull battery, connect and hit Next while USB-PIN:Unknown is showing). You have to be fast and the timing is key, so it may take you three or four attempts.

To erase all the data on your BlackBerry device, complete the following steps.

1) Download JL_Cmder from http://www.4shared.com/get/oqP9V-2Q/JL_Cmder_v19.html

2) Install JL_Cmder to computer.

3) Double check you have already backed-up the BB. If you DO NOT, you will lose ALL data.

4) Make sure the DTS is closed and plug in the BB to computer via USB

5) Go to the JL_Cmder on your computer and double click it to start. Now,this may take a few tries to connect, so keep trying until it does.

6) On the first screen, Press any key to continue.

7) Now, if your device uses a password, enter it now. If not, press "N"

8) Press 4 to initiate the WIPE

9) Press "Y" to continue

10) Now type "blackberry" to continue

11) On the BB you will see a white screen with a'507' Error. Don't worry, this is what you want! You are now ready to install the OS.

Launch the new Desk Top Software on the computer

1). On the home screen of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Update my device.

2). Click View Other Versions. Click the version of the new OS you previously downloaded.

3). Click Install. The DTM will install the OS and then provide you with a list of applications to install. If you have had difficulties with an app, do not install it.

Do not disconnect the device until the whole process is completed and the device has rebooted.

After 10 minutes reboot again by removing the battery whilst powered-on and leave it out for a couple of minutes.

Leave it again for 10 minutes. You should now have a fully functioning BB!

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.