Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
john111
My Device: curve 8320
My Carrier: 0range
Accepted Solution

BB Curve 8900 no key or scroll input working

hi, I am looking into a problem with a friends curve. Phone powers up but cannot use any key's or scroll. I have stripped and cleaned scroll ball and there was very heavy caked dust in the scroll housing. Which I cleaned with a soft brush. I have factory reset, using BB Manager (0kay) but still this problem persists. I have looked at the ribbon connectors and they appear to be connected correctly. Any suggestions please ?

john

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BB Curve 8900 no key or scroll input working

Sounds like something in the keyboard/trackball has failed. There probably isn't much that can be done about it. Did the device get wet? That's what usually causes this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
john111

Hi,I have just opened up device and turned on. when it established I unplugged the key board connector and the scroll butoon works . Could it be that only the membrane needs removing and cleaning or new fitted. Or do you still think it is to far gone.

regards

John

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

It could be anything. It sounds like the keyboard or the ribbon cable went bad. However, it could be something in the main board too. You won't know until you begin replacing parts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
john111

thanks,

its a case of "you pays your money and takes a chance", I may try the membrane and ribbon,if not, I have spares of the rest.

Thanks again for your help

John

Please use plain text.