Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
fireman25
My Device: curve 9300

BB Curve 9300 have to pull battery off, can't send/receive BBM and text messages.

This has been happening too often and I would hope that someone out there can fix this issue for me or I'm sending this garbage back.  I have 3 new BB 9300 curves and mine has been doing this often.  I can't send or receive BBM or text messages.  I also can't access my web browser.  The only way for me to fix this is pull the battery off.  I've made sure my updates are current, need help please.  Always thought Blackberry was a quality phone.  Thanks

Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BB Curve 9300 have to pull battery off, can't send/receive BBM and text messages.

Hello fireman25

Welcome to the Community

Please make sure you are on a Blackberry Data Plan with your Carrier. If not, please contact them and ask for one. Hope this helps.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
fireman25
My Device: curve 9300

Re: BB Curve 9300 have to pull battery off, can't send/receive BBM and text messages.

Thanks for the response, I should have included more details maybe.  I do have a data plan, and after I pull the battery off and the BB reboots it works fine for a while.  I can access the web, send/receive text and BBM.  I've tried restoring to factory defaults and even did a security wipe.  After a few days sometimes longer I have to pull the battery off again because the problem has returned.

sovershentsva
My Device: Curve 9300

I also have the same problem but my internet browser can work properly but my bbm still cannot update and send or receive message. I am using the wifi line and my wifi works fine. i assume this is problem with the software or system. Hopefully anyone can help me to solve this problem. in addition, i already downgrade the bb software to make sure i can use it. My internet browsing are fine but my bbm cannot working properly. i am very disapointed right now.

i hope blackberry can give the solution for my problem.

thank you.