Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vickey04
My Device: BB Curve 9300 3G v5.0.0.832
My Carrier: Rogers

BB Curve 9300 showing my contacts as unknown

Hi,

I just got this BB and it looks like I'm not the only one that has had this problem but so far I haven't found a solution.

On a regular cell I could add contacts to my phonebook and whenever those contacts called their name would show on the display.

Now when I add contacts to my phonebook and my contacts call me, they are displayed as unknown number.

Ive seen a few solutions but it doesnt work or wont apply to my version of BB. one was to go to smart dialing. I did. Im from Canada so its a +1 and with my area code its 10 numbers. I have set it to that.

The second solution someone told me was to go to security option -> general settings. When I go to security options all i have is advanced security options, encryption, firewall, information and security wipe. I tried enabling my encryption and set include contacts to both yes and no. Both times same problem. I use Rogers and Ive used them with my previous cell (not a smartphone) and ive been able to see my contact names when they call, so I have no idea why this isnt working and its a pain in the **bleep** to pick up your phone not knowing whos calling you, whether friend or telemarketer.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Vicky

Please use plain text.