If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
bristolmary
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

BB Curve 9300 won't connect to email servers

Hi all please bear with me as I try to explain this!

I have a BB Curve 9300 on PAYG with Orange. It has always worked fine and emails for all email accounts always came through.

Then yesterday Orange tried to take the £5 for the BB services but I didn't have enough credit so obviously it all ended. I topped up today and they have taken the money. However my emails are not updating/downloading.

I have checked and I have the latest software and I have gone into options -device- advanced system settings etc and it says my handheld is registered for bb services. (But now when I go to options, I can't find the device option to re do this!). If I go to setup - email accounts, it tries to open up the emails I had set up it says checking etc then comes up with your device had a problem connecting to the server.

I've tried a battery out reset etc to no avail. If I click retry it just keeps coming up with the same message. I can access Twitter and Facebook on it (Twitter is slow and alerts take a good few minutes to come through).

My wifi is set up and working, I've got the 4/5 dots, i'm connected to 3G and have UMA in the top right of the screen. So everything appears to be the same as it was before the payment problem.

Can anyone please suggest what to do? Please keep it simple as I'm not that great with IT stuff, until I know what i'm doing!

Any advice will be much appreciated!!

thanks

Mary

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Curve 9300 won't connect to email servers

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books (pre-BB10 devices only)

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you could try deleting and re-adding your configurations for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bristolmary
My Carrier: Orange

Hi thanks for the advice, I got as far as the deleting service books and all was going fine. However when it came to sending them back etc it gave me the same error message as before. So I guess tomorrow am I'm off to camp in the EE/Orange shop and see what they say! Thanks for your help though.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Yup..that KB does list multiple methods for sending the Service Books, and having the carrier do so is one of those methods. Of course, I doubt they will be able to do so directly in the shop...they likely will have to call someone (likely the same folks you'd reach if you called into your carriers BB-specific technical support group).

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
beth_paul01
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I'm having the same issue however after reading various help forums I think it may be because I've upgraded from my blackberry curve 9300 to a samsung, my phone provider has sent me an email to say my new data plan starts from 19th nov and its since then I've been unable to get my emails on my blackberry.  I've done the steps above although I cant resend the service books - I've even tried online rather than on my phone and it wont let me connect to do it on the website. Which makes me think its because I've a new data plan with a different device?? Please confirm if this is the case as I havent got my new device yet even though vodafone have started my new data plan already - does this mean I wont be able to access my emails on my blackberry anymore? I was kind of hoping I could still access them until I set it all up on my new phone when it arrives. Otherwise I'll have to access my emails on my pc until I get my new phone.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sadly, we can't confirm anything. We don't work for your carrier...only they can look at their systems to confirm things for you. You need to ring them up to have them figure out what is going on.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.