Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

BB Curve stuck on loading screen

As above really, my BB Curve 8520 loading bar gets frozen just under the letter E in Blackberry. Ive tried battery, sd and sim pull but nothing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks:smileysad:

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB Curve stuck on loading screen

Hello Trev69

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Can you confirm if your device freeze after installing any apps or all of a sudden ? Can your try to boot your Device on Safe Mode :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode.

If its because of any Installed application then on safe mode delete that application which might help. 

Please try it and let us know if the above method fails.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I installed a BBM update last night and had to restart to apply update. I did this and the device has been stuck on the loading screen ever since. It wont boot far enough to go into safe mode as i tried this also. Tried the battery from my partners BB too with the same results. I thought safe mode would be the answer but the device doesnt load far enough to allow it.

Elite II

Hey Trev69

If your device is unable to boot on Safe Mode then I am sorry to say you have to reinstall the OS ! But as your device is struck on the reboot loop you have to use the application loader to load the OS, but this method delete all data within our device .If you have a previous backup or using BlackBerry Protect then you can restore it from there, here is the KB :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

Please try it and let us know if you feel any trouble .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I cant seem to find the Application Loader on BB Desktop Manager. Apologies, this is all new to me.

Elite II

Hello Trev69

Which version of BlackBerry Desktop Software you have installed in your PC ? If you have the most recent version of BlackBerry Desktop Software then go through the KB and follow the lower section i;e for  BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to 7.0 and if you have older version then follow the first direction i;e. for BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.5 to 5.0.1.

Contributor

I get error with this also after trying the update stated in the previous KB messages. Off to buy a Samsung in the morning i think. RIP BB its been fun but too many problems:smileysad:

Elite II

Hey Trev69

Don't lose patience , please try it again or tell us what error you recieved so that we can help :smileyhappy:

Contributor

Actually managed to start it updating then got "application loader is unable to connect with your device. Please reconnect your device" etc etc

Elite II

Hi Trev69

You can try a different USB port , try to use main USB port not hub.

If still unable then you can try a this KB :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Try it and let us know .