Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Trev69
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: BB Curve stuck on loading screen

Main usb got the same result and the link in previous KB takes me to a BB homepage type thing with no "check for updates" option

Contributor
Trev69

Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again. is the message i get when using the previous KB.:No:

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi Trev69

If you're still having problem then try this :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.  BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
Trev69

I downloaded the latest version and still couldnt find "c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

Got my hopes up for a minute there :smileytongue:

Elite II
prince2012

Hi Trev69

No need to search ! On your PC Click on Start and Copy paste :

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

in the Search or Run field .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
Trev69

No items match your search, all copied and pasted as directed. Clearly im missing something:smileysad:

Contributor
Trev69

I have to sleep now but please keep posting and il try more tomorrow and keep you updated. I bet you cant wait :smileytongue:

Elite II
prince2012

Hey Trev69

Just Copy paste the complete line with quotation marks , it simply works 

If you try you will succeed :smileyhappy:

Good luck.

Contributor
Trev69

[Window Title]
Location is not available

[Content]
c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\ refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location.

[OK]

Contributor
Trev69

Success! I think! When the update window opened, i clicked other versions and downloaded an older version just to try and it worked. Attempting to upgrade to newer version new on my newly wiped:smileysad: BB. Thanks for the advice and il be back here if it all goes wrong :smileytongue: