Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
johnco333
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

BB ID blocked

Hi 

I have been trying to acces my bb world in vain, because my bb ID is blocked. I have tried several times to ecover it, but system kept on sending the password into the account in which I can not get access. 

Can someone tell me how to solve this problem? I have a BB curve 8520

Thank you very much for the help

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BB ID blocked

Hello,

For security reasons, password reset emails are never delivered to the BB itself. Hence, you need separate access to that email account in order to receive and process the password reset.

If the email account you used is otherwise accessible (e.g., GMail, Yahoo, etc.), then simply use a PC/browser and use their webmail interface.

If the email account you used is only accessible via the BB (e.g., hosted @carrier, @bb, etc.), then you need to implement a forwarding rule on that account so that you can receive the email elsewhere (e.g., GMail, Yahoo, etc.):

• KB28232 BlackBerry ID reset email is not being delivered to the associated mailbox
  • KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

If you truly have no way to access that email account or if the email account has been deleted, then you are stuck...and must make a decision...

If you have no AppWorld or other records that you require to retain (e.g., purchase records for apps), then simply abandon the BB ID and create a new one. To do so, however, does require a device WIPE:

• Be sure to first check the link in my auto-sig on this post...you need to be sure you have a good local backup to a computer
  • KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

If you do have AppWorld records that you must keep, then you require human intervention. To receive that, you must ring up your mobile service provider and convince them to escalate your case up to BlackBerry. Further, you must convince BlackBerry to provide you with a solution -- which likely will either be resetting your current BB ID so that you can again access it or having you create a new BBID and they will manually move your purchase records over. Note that I have no idea if they will be willing to do this, but there is no other way that I know of to retain your prior BBID/AppWorld purchase records.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10

Dear sdgardne

I am really troubled with this situation.

My account as far as I know is not blocked, but since I upgraded from my BlackBerry Torch 9800 to my Z10, I have had reason to believe that my BlackBerry ID had continued to my upgraded phone with the details I see in my BB ID tab.

I had problems before with my Torch and to my understanding, this had been solved, then since upgrading I have been led to believe, my BB ID had followed on.

I have just found out that this is not the case, no follow on has been authorised, though in my BB ID tab, it shows that it has.

The other problem that I had thought had been solved, was the link of my BB ID had with my designated email account is no more.

I do not know when this happened as when I had the problem solved, when I bought an application, an email would be sent to my designated email address immeadiatly.

Since I recieved my Z10, this stopped and I have been trying to find out why.

The BB ID I have here is my has not stopped with link here with our forum, this mail will come straight to the email address I have picked, but my ID stopped with my BB App World and I was wondering why I no longer get receipts of my purchases.

Today I tried again to create a BlackBerry email account and was offered to send my messages to my designated email address, Problem 1, I cannot enter my BlackBerry email account, the password I remember using will not allow me in.

Problem 2, I tried to open my BB ID with my designated email address, it opened but I have never had the screen name I saw.

Why did my email address and BB ID become separated.

I know what I went through the only time I had BB ID problems and I think seeking help, wether from my provider/carrier or from RIM BlackBerry, it will only make things even worse than what they are.

The only way this problem can be solved, is to get my provider and BlackBerry to work together and sycn my accounts and clean it all up. 

This is not going to happen.

Then I have to get my BB Protect and BB App World to recognise my ID and my designated email address.

If you can direct me with this long going problem, it would be most welcome.

Though I love my BB and I will in future be looking to upgrade to BB again, under whatever guise comes, I am not happy with how BB has come out of coorperates into the common customer markets, and there is no cooperation with the common market clients. 

JTValerie
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hello jtv,

From your description, I do not think I understand your situation. Is it that you have upgraded from a 9800 to a Z10, and attempted to migrate your existing BBID over to the Z10, but cannot? I am honestly not at all sure I understand, from your description, what is going on.

Thanks, and do let me know if I have properly captured your situation.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
Developer
jtv

I believe you have hit the nail on the head, I think my missing word was migrate.
I did say, you may get lost through my barage.
I would of thought, if I take my sim card from my old phone and put it in the new phone.
All the details would come with my sim and any links I have?
JTValerie
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No, it's not as simple as that. The SIM migrates your carrier-provided services, but your BB-provided services are tied to your BBID. So you need to sign into your existing BBID with your new device in order to migrate your BB-provided services over to the new device. Keep in mind compatibility of course...some apps you have on your old device from BBWorld may well not be compatible with your new device...but, if so, that's a question for the developer of the app.

I'm not at all sure what you exactly mean by "links" though...you might want to run through the device switch wizard in the BBLink software.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Developer
Developer
jtv

I will do sdgardne

I have written to my provider, and I am hoping that send me the password, so I can enter my preferred BB email account, but I hope they will delete the new username link so I can restore it.

Somehow, my hotmail address has become separated from my BB ID so that the hotmail address has established it's own entity.
JTValerie
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I hope that your carrier is able to help you...I cannot, from your latest words, understand your actual situation.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates