Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
leggz
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB Messenger 5.0 sending and receiving pics

is there anyway to receive & send pictures the same way as the previous bbm, meaning I just have to accept or decline & not save and  wait for download
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
leggz

Re: BB Messenger 5.0 sending and receiving pics

OK this was my real Msg but the forum kept saying it was too long

Hi All,

I have the blackberry 8310 and downloaded bbm 5.0 yesterday, now when sending or receiving pictures I am now asked to either accept or decline. If I accept I have to save the picture and I then have to wait for it to download...is there anyway to receive and send pictures the same way as the previous bbm, meaning I just have to accept or decline and not save and download? And I included sending as well because when I send pictures to others they tell me they now have to download my pictures as well! Anybody know how to change this option its very annoying :smileysad:

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vogem

Hi,

I have the same problem with send and receive pictures. It is very annoying! I hope there is a resolution soon for this problem.

Regards,

Mark

Please use plain text.
melyespo

The picture sending and receiving feature about bbm was my favorite thing about bbm and i influenced friends to get bbms b/c of this feature, but now b/c of the new bbm 5.0 it makes it difficult to send and receive immediatly or sometimes they never go through. is there any way this can be updated?

Please use plain text.
ninokun

I have a bigger problem because since I downloaded bbm 5.0 I can send nor recieve pics, not even by Google talk nor yahoo messenger! Send / Receive time is too long. Please help me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sucharj

I have to say that I was very excited when they announced a new version for the blackberry messenger, and when I finally got it, it was a huge disappointment. The send picture feature is dead for me, don’t get me wrong it is not a software issue (it works on my bb) but it’s totally useless.

I loved the instant send picture feature and I didn’t mid the low resolution as long I was able to immediately send one picture to 20 ppl in less than a minute. I’m sure that was the cornerstone of their mainstream market, and one the most important features that made ppl chose bb instead of iphone for their personal mobile needs.

I hope rim will see this huge mistake on design and come up with a fix soon, an option or a prompt that will let you choose how to send the picture: high res with an accept prompt (like it is right now on 5.0), or instant low res (as it was in the past).

Please don’t make me rollback to the previous version; I do like the new group and UI of the version 5.

A blackberry lover…

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dieselmech_22

I too absolutly loved the quick send pictures.\

One of the best features of blackberry. Now with version 5.0 that is no longer the case.

Please bring back the previous setup for the pictures!! pretty please with sugar on top!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Reimerpro

The only way I've been able to send small pictures is by inviting a contact into a group, and sending pics to that group. Works as a temp fix....

But yeah, I want this fix too. Is there someone out there who knows how to code this?

Please use plain text.