Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

BB Messenger Help

I have a bunch of people I know with blackberry's in my contact list however I can not add Any of them to my bbmessenger program, I would REALY like to use this rather than sms all day... When I follow steps to add a contact to themessenger program I never get the option to sent invite with pin or email... Any ideas? Do I have to register my pinsomehow? ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Vick 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: BB Messenger Help

First off, do you have a BlackBerry data plan? If not then you won't be able to use BlackBerry Messenger. In order to use BlackBerry Messenger you and the contacts you will speak with need to have a data plan.

If you all do have data plans, then I recommend adding contacts using their PIN number instead of e-mail. In BlackBerry Messenger press the menu key, then select Add Contact. That will take you to your address book (if using OS 4.5.0 you will see a prompt to type in the PIN or e-mail address. At this point just type in the PIN number and press Enter). Scroll all the way to the top and highlight the Use Once. Press the menu key and then select Request by PIN. Type in the PIN number, then press the track ball to continue.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Have you subscribed for BlackBerry data plan? Can you use BlackBerry browser or other features? Are you on BIS or BES?

The reason behind asking these questions are if you're subscribed for any of the BlackBerry service BIS/BES you would automatically be entitled to use BB messenger service. Having unlimited data plan will not entitled you to use BlackBerry services. BlackBerry device communicates through a special APN called blackberry.net which need to be provisioned in your SIM card. 

Another thing is that if you're using BES service then you company IT policy may prohibit you in using that. Because BES admin can restrict use of any application for an individual or a group of users. 

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Not Specified

yes i do have a full data plan... and if i go to the "use once" option i can ONLY ues e-mail... i have done plenty of homework on the web and im still stumped. IF i ever get to the add by pin i have to input THEIR pin right?