Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve
Accepted Solution

BB Messenger

What is the reasoning of even having a BB messenger if you have sms? What are the advantages of having it? It ask me for email/pin, how am I supposed to enter their pin if I don't know it , or is just email address sufficient? I have unlimited data plan so this program should work for me but I'm kinda in the learning process here, only an owner for a few months. I have a 8310 curve with 4.5 OS. I do have an yahoo account, is this even necessary?  Many questions. FYI I have checked status  and Im available so so is my friend. I invited him and invited me also. I received an email on my pc and it supposed to go to my phone but it didn't. I accepted the invite, he has done the same but it still says "pending" this has been going on for a week. Any suggestions?  Thx!

Steve

mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB Messenger

Real quick your PIN is listed under OPTIONS STATUS PIN:

If you are receiving emails on your PC and not on your BB either your BB is not set up right, or you are not leaving a copy of the message on the server in your email account.  If you don't leave a copy on the server, the first device that gets the email is considered delivered.

You need to provide the following:

Carrier

Email you are using (Yahoo account) ?

Here are two links to get you up to speed:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/blackberry101/

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Regular Contributor

My regular email is Outlook Express (pop) through AT&T in which I also get web mail. A copy is left on the server for the BB. I followed the prompts for the BB messenger setup but are you saying I need to put in MY pin? If thats so that's probably my problem. I was thinking it would be sending to his email so I would need HIS pin.. So I need to enter mine, correct?

mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Your PIN is auto entered.

Blackberry Messenger has nothing to do with 'emails left of server'. It goes via the blackberry DATA network and is free. (being the advantage)

Its PIN2PIN contact between blackberry devices only (and blackberry connect)

Go to add a contact - put his PIN in (options > status >PIN)

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru I

I'm just talking about one thing at a time, that's email for now. In Outlook go to tools, email accounts, select your email account press change, look in more settings, advanced. Make sure you are leaving a copy on the server.

Go to your ATT email setup page and make sure the same options are enabled.

Go to the ATT bis site and verify your email is setup and has been verified.

Here is the link to the BIS site:

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/solutions/email-messaging/bis-login.jsp

If all these are set correctly you will get your email on both the PC and the BB device.

Let us know how it goes!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Regular Contributor

Ok, email is settled.(Thx.Bifocals) in reference to what Bumblepie said that my pin was auto entered, shouldn't my friends be auto entered when I accept his invitation to join or visa versa ? To be honest I feel a little weird calling someone and asking them for their pin. Is that weird? I whole lot rather have their credit card # :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:  J/K
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Regular Contributor

Sorry, I didn't include on last post that I still can't get this BB IM to work.. Please understand that my friend is trying also. Ive invited him and he has invited me and we both accept but the device still says "pending".
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
Guru I

Like Bumplepie stated it's PIN to PIN. You call for his PIN, and I'll get his credit card :smileywink:

PIN numbers are not like ATM PIN numbers, They are associated with one device and do not allow you any unathororized access to his device. It's no more that asking for his email address.

I would dismiss the pending invites, get his pin as suggested and retry.

"To be honest I feel a little weird calling someone and asking them for their pin."

You're right, this is the information age.....EMAIL him for it!  :smileyhappy:

Let me know how it goes