Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
terryestreet
My Device: curve 9230
My Carrier: 02

BB Protect not working

I have BB protect installed on my Curve 9230 and have tested its locate/recover options.

the message option works but does not change the profile to loud?

The location option does not work (yes it is enabled on my BB)

has anyne else had this problem? or better still know a solution?

thanks for reading T.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB Protect not working

Hi terryestreet

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

It should have worked,can you try this On your Device Open BlackBerry Protect > Press the Menu key > Restart BlackBerry Protect , then perform a Battery pull restart by removing the Battery from the device while it is powered On , After reboot Login to BlackBerry Protect from your PC and see if loud profile and Location option works.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terryestreet
My Device: curve 9230

OK, thanks for reply -  I restarted BB protect , removed battery to restart phone,

the results are still the same,

the sound goes on for a minute but the profile remains normal not loud,

The locate function does not respond, yet the map on the phone shows my location correctly,

(not sure if this might be related but its only "accurate to 30 meters" which seems to be typical of his phone, whereas my last BB phone was generally accurate to 3-4 metres...)

Terry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terrystreet
My Device: curve 9320

I have finally worked out for myself that the reason "Location" was not working was because GPS was turned off on the phone itself!

check options (the spanner icon)

location settings

location services "location on"

save

Still not sure that sending message sets profile to loud as cannot test it currently.

Terry  

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

terrystreet wrote:

I have finally worked out for myself that the reason "Location" was not working was because GPS was turned off on the phone itself!

check options (the spanner icon)

location settings

location services "location on"

save

Still not sure that sending message sets profile to loud as cannot test it currently.

Terry  

Hi terrystreet

Are you the same user as above or are having two account on this forums ? If you are the same as above them I prefer try to Uninstall BlackBerry Protect from your device and then install it again from here  BlackBerry Protect . 

And if you different then please explain your issues .

Thanks

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
terrystreet
My Device: curve 9320

[ Edited ]

I am the same person who wrote private message and wrote in this forum - sorry for any confusion.

re the phone number  my actual number is07xxxxx6xxx the profile has it as 07xxxxx68xxx,

as you can see the extra digit is within the number itself not before or after it.

I have had the same number now with the same provider for many years

I did change my blackberry last year ./

Terry

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi terrystreet

Thanks for your clarifications, Regarding your current issue please try those steps : 

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Advance System Settings > SIM Card >  On that Screen look at the Phone Number , Is it correct ?

If no Highlight Phone Number > Press the Menu Key > Edit SIM Phone Number > Enter the correct number then Save it .

The result may may show within min. on BlackBerry Protect , So login to BlackBerry Protect say after an hour you will see the Correct Number listed there .It will solve the issue .

So try it and let us know of your results.

Good luck .

Please use plain text.