Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

moizali
My Device: curve 8520

BB curve 8520 keeps restarting

hello, i have been using my curve 8520 the whole past winter season and didn't notice any problem but as summer came i noticed now that whenever i charge it or make a long call the phone gets heat up and restarts automatically,can anyone tell me what is the problem with my phone?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB curve 8520 keeps restarting

Hi moizali

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Remove your Media Card and see if it reboots . If problem persists then try to Boot your device on Safe Mode and notice if it reboot or heats up :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

If those problem does not appear on safe mode then you have to look at your application list , a 3rd party application may be responsible for the issue , Uninstalling that may help.

Regarding device heating up,  are you closing all application correctly, are you sure that no apps are running in the background , If we press the menu key for a few seconds  it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) you can always look if any other apps. are running in the background.

If above doesn't help then you can always perform a OS Reload , which is indeed a good step. It will remove any software glitch . To do that first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software then follow this Knowledge Base :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software

After reload don't import any applications from your backup , you can install a fresh copy by visiting BlackBerry World . Restore only your Contacts and calender entries. Try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.