Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jonessunil
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone INDIA
Accepted Solution

BB curve 8520 "App Error 523"

Need help..got this error on my BB curve 8520 "App Error 523".. i was trying to install some third party app and landed up wit this..even though i removed them before getting to this error page..now all i get is the error screen..

My previous handheld OS: 5.0 Bundle 1096
Blackberry Desktop software : Version 6.1.0.36

What can be done?? Should i re-intall the OS..if so how??

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: BB curve 8520 "App Error 523"

Hello

That JVM error indicates there is some mismatch in java binaries (If remember correctly), however the problem is easily fixed by Os reload.

But first try a safe boot by removing the battery and holding the "back" key down and reinserting the battery while the key is pressed, when the loading bar reaches quarter way release the back key.

If it boots successful remove the 3rd party app and reboot normally.

If that fails reload Os.

1. open bb desktop software

2. remove the battery from your bb phone 3. connect the bb phone to the computer without the battery

4. the bb desktop software will give you the error msg bb desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device

5. click on update. the bb desktop software will check for available bb device software. note: if the bb phone has a password a prompt will appear to enter it at this point.

6. enter an email address or uncheck the option for email when new versions are available.

7. click install update

8. a popup will display that states that when complete the device will need to be activated with the wireless network. without disconnecting the device from the computer, put the battery back into the device and click ok. note: if you miss the opportunity to put the battery in the bb phone at the appropriate stage and the upgrade fails click "retry". if it continues to fail please start the process over again. note: once the upgrade is complete your bb phone will probably take 20 to 30 minutes to restart. this is normal behavior.

9. a msg will appear stating your software update is complete 10. click close.

Please note this helped me with regard to jvm error 517.....this I learnt from CB forum where a RIM employee recommend this method with regard to this error. This method starts with NO battery inserted at the begin of the reload, but inserted later.

Seeing that you have JVM 523 it might still work.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonessunil

Thanks for the reply..

But unfortunately, i am not able to proceed post STEP 6 "enter an email address or uncheck the option for email when new versions are available" all i get is a close option in that step..i dun get any install update or something of that sort.. Kindly :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello jonessunil

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

If you can't pass that error please follow the instruction , though this solution is offered not by any RIM employee but our Forums Expert  JSanders and I hope it will help.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Additional information:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24395 "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Article IDhttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 
KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

So Please try it and let us know the result.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aliw243
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hi

I had this problem last night and i fixed it by  

1. backing up device with desktop manager

2.On windows go to c drive/Program Files/Common Files/Resarch In Motion/AppLoader/Loader (application)

3. Plug in your blackberry Device and after 

4. After Device Application Selection (don't tick anything apart from software bits) Click advanced on next step

5.Make sure Both Boxes are ticked and then click start 

6. Put Info from backup back on device

Hope this helps!:Cool2:

Sorry App Loader Not yet avalable on mac unless you can run windows on it

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jonessunil

Its working now.. wowww thanks a ton to all.. :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello jonessunil

We are glad that your device is working now .Enjoy :smileyhappy:

Prince

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

If others seeking help by referring to this thread due to fact its shown as "solved" when following, Prince's post and apploader does actually show your pin instead of "pin unkown" continue with the fix.

I've seen some actually stopping the process when because their pin was correctly picked up by apploader, in rare cases it may show "Pin xxxxxxxx" also continue with the fix.

If no pin shown or greyed out then further investigation is needed.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
bhattaraidinesh
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BB curve 9300 "App Error 523"

So how to fix app error 523 on BB curve 9300 please if there any ideas

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Re: BB curve 9300 "App Error 523"

bhattaraidinesh wrote :

So how to fix app error 523 on BB curve 9300 please if there any ideas.

Hello bhattaraidinesh

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

As you can see the user has marked all as the Solution ,So you can try  those solutions and see which helps you or unless user clarify. Also if you are confused you can start your own thread so that  everyone can give there suggestion regarding that error.

Prince

Please use plain text.