Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BB curve 8520 "App Error 523"

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My curve broke last night and my trick isn't working 

can anyone HELP???????????????????????

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Hello

Have you consulted the solutions posted in page 1 of this thread?

What trick is that by the way?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone INDIA

As the process is perfect as prince2012 posted in..it worked out just the way how it had to be solved, the only difference in STEP 4:  "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN" was that it read my PIN than being unknown..and i dunno how it worked cos this was the 1st time i had re-install the OS.. Also, this video helped me a bit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP42jmnX_-A

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello jonessunil

Thanks for the Update regarding the Solutions ! Because as you can see it already confusing other users. Also I would like you to mark your recent #post as the Solution because as you mentioned that video also helped you . Regarding step 4 : " USB-PIN : UNKNOWN " is concerned yes there are cases when this "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523"  occurs sometime our device pin is not detected and in that case it helps. 

And yes I can understand as you installed OS for the 1st time because it happens so quickly sometime we can't  figure out or recall  what happened within that timeframe.

All we want is the result and we are glad that you are able to recover your device and I hope that error never appear again on your device.:smileyhappy:

Cheers !

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: telenor

Hi! My problems: i have mac, and i am unable to connect my bb while error 523. i have desktop manager, but doesen't recognise my phone. Please help me, thanks!
Elite II

szaboomaatee wrote :

i have mac, and i am unable to connect my bb while error 523. i have desktop manager, but doesen't recognise my phone

Hi szzaboomaatee

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I am sorry you cannot do the above method on your Mac ! you have to do it on a Windows PC .

KB24395 : "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry Smartphone.

Prince

My Device: 9520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

Just adding to the resolution mentioned here. Someone might get error like below while pursuing on step 8...

Just follow the instruction precisely and you would be ready to go...

By the way thanks for the resolution provided here it really helped me lot. :Genius:

Regards!

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodacom

good day:

i have a similar problem i tried to remove the battery and reboot the phone but when its done it still shows app error 523 and has a reset option underneeth that. when i press the reset button it it reboots and when its done it still shows the white screen with the app error 523 reset thing. i tried those 10 steps it stil didnt work. i downloaded the bb desktop software thing it doesnt recognise my phone because its only on that white screen thing. so it just says curve, shows the pin it doesnt give me the option to backup or restore those options are just grey. and when i said upgrade it still after rebooting showed pp error 523. please please help me?

Elite II

swazi wrote:

i have a similar problem i tried to remove the battery and reboot the phone but when its done it still shows app error 523 and has a reset option underneeth that. when i press the reset button it it reboots and when its done it still shows the white screen with the app error 523 reset thing. i tried those 10 steps it stil didnt work. i downloaded the bb desktop software thing it doesnt recognise my phone because its only on that white screen thing. so it just says curve, shows the pin it doesnt give me the option to backup or restore those options are just grey. and when i said upgrade it still after rebooting showed pp error 523. please please help me?

Hello swazi

Have you tried all solution within this thread ?

You can also try this Knowledge Base :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Or please let us know what you already tried .