Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
Accepted Solution

BB curve 9360 hangs and reboots by itself

my BB curve 9360 freezes for 10 mins quite regularly, bought it only 2 months back. 

It reboots itself automatically no. of times without any reason.

I clear the cache from browser and other apps regularly, is it because of too many apps installed? I was told by someone that many people having this model of blackberry are facing the same problem, is it so? what can be done about it ?

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: BB curve 9360 hangs and reboots by itself

Hi sunny95arora,

Welcome to the Community,

If you have installed to much Application it may also be the reason for your device hangs and rebooting.What is your device Software version.If you have already the latest Device software than I think you can try Reloading your device software.And for a few days don't install any Application other than regular BlackBerry App to see if the problem is within your device or the Applications you had installed. 

But most important do you perform battery pull restart  in your device.Do let us know

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I am using OS 7.0 currently, the official site says its the latest one I can have in India for curve 9360.

I did a security wipe of my device, I had many APS on my curve but I'll follow your advice and see how it works with too many apps

and yes there is also this problem that I face I get a missed call every few days from "unknown number" I checked it with the network, they told me that I didn't get a call so I guess it was auto generated, I am not able to perform any action on that entry in missed call log. I face this problem even after security wipe.

Elite II

Hi sunny 95arora

As you had already done a device wipe so wait and see if problem appear,If it appear again than I prefer upgrading your device OS to 7.1 but in the meantime watch your apps.

Regarding your second problem miss call from unknown number yes they may be auto generated but you can't say for sure  and if you want to block that number than there are many apps go to app world and install any free version  BlackBerry App World  then try to Block that number.

Prince

New Contributor

I want to knw the reason why those calls generate...
And I'm sure that they are not from a private number or a VIP no.
Meanwhile is OS 7.1 available in india?
Elite II

Hi sunny95arora

We can't say that they come through your Carrier network.So its better to use a call blocking application. As for OS is concerned yes you can install 7.1 in your device you are not bond or limited to your Carrier you can use any Carrier OS packagesall you had to do is just delete two vendor .xml files.

Prince

My Device: bold 9900

Hey guys,
I had this issue on my 9900, found an app I did not download, battery monitor or performance monitor, something like that. I disabled and deleted it and now my bb is back to being perfect, I think it was picking up my usage and restarting my device due to strain on the battery
Elite II

JonnyStorm wrote:
Hey guys,
I had this issue on my 9900, found an app I did not download, battery monitor or performance monitor, something like that. I disabled and deleted it and now my bb is back to being perfect, I think it was picking up my usage and restarting my device due to strain on the battery

Hi JonnyStorm

Welcome to Support Forums and thanks for sharing your Solution with us  :smileyhappy: