Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

crackberryfree
My Device: Not Specified

BB data to RS232 (9-pin serial) cable

Does anyone or has anyone seen any data cables for any BB that converts from the mini USB or data port to a rs232 9-pin serial male or female connection?  I am hoping to use a BB to dial into a VRS network for our RTK/GPS system.  We have bluetooth, but it blocks port 1, which is necessary to stream data to our equipment.  If anyone has a clue where to find this, please let me know!
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: BB data to RS232 (9-pin serial) cable

Any decent computer store should have that cable. I have used a cable like that so I know it is available. They are relatively inexpensive.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Nutcracker2000
My Device: Not Specified

I am also looking to use RS232 for my BB to program datalogging wireless monitors.  Up to now, I have had to drag a laptop to program some simple settings, it would be great to use the BB as I always have it with me.  I have a USB to RS232-Male plug cord, so I'm sure there is a mini-USB to RS232 cord available.  I just need the software.
New Contributor
marwooj
My Device: 8800

Any luck with that cable and software?