Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

HAR
New Contributor
HAR
My Device: Not Specified

BB messenger. Emergency

I went out of my coverage area as I was traveling and was not on my berry for a couple of days, when i got back my messenger was working fine with all my international friends except for my girlfriend hence the emergency. What is happening is that i can see the messages that she is sending me but she is not getting my messages. There is no D or R on the side as it shows when the message is delivered or read. Furthermore her status is coming as unavilable so all i see is a tick. I have tried to reboot my phone and also told her to reboot.Both of us have deleted our contacts and then resaved them again. But time after time its the same . She can not see my messages, i can read heres but can not reply. Some one know wtf is worng.

Thanks.

H

sakr949

Re: BB messenger. Emergency

I have the same exact issue, its crazy. only my gf is having trouble getting my messages but im get all of hers immediately.
JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Couple of questions...

1) Can she receive and send BBM messages to anyone else?

2) In rebooting, did you leave the BB powered ON and remove the battery a few seconds, reinsert, reboot?

3) Can you send her a PIN message (Message folder > Compose PIN)? 

4) Can you receive from her a PIN message?

5) Finally, is she on a corporate BES setup?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
HAR
New Contributor
HAR

Please find my answers in Bold 

Yes and so can I

2) In rebooting, did you leave the BB powered ON and remove the battery a few seconds, reinsert, reboot?

NO

NO tried but cant

Havent tried that

Nope. AT&T connection

JSanders
Solutions: 6,028
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

my answers in red.

HAR wrote:

Please find my answers in Bold 

Yes and so can I

NO  Then do that. A battery pull reboot will often fix small glitches on the BB and in my experience, especially in BBM. Both of you should.

NO tried but cant Please try that and test both ways. If you can PIN, your BBM should work. If you can't send and receive each other's PIN, then there is a greater issue, such as you might have a PIN wrong.

Havent tried that  Ditto.

Nope. AT&T connection

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
BillyG

[ Edited ]

Something similar happening to me Have done a battery pull reset and BBM just refuses to work. Requests to invite go through, then messages dont. I can receive a message once then contact become "Unreachable" None of my messages go through

Cant send pin messages either

Further to this i have carried out a battery pull and no success. Have uninstalled BBM and reinstalled and no success. Also got service books resent. After battery pull my contacts become unavailable but as soon as i send message they become unreachable again. I have checked and double checked pin numbers.

Only remaining option is to reinstall the full OS but not really sure that would achieve anything as i have already done BBM reinstall. Is this problem with the phones or is it RIM based?????

Message Edited by BillyG on 10-15-2008 01:28 PM
New Contributor
BillyG

Bump

Have tried everything at this stage. So has anyone any solutions or ideas. Have added by email, pin etc. Have updated OS and BBM. Done numerous battery resets. But still no joy. Cant even send pin messages to overseas contacts.