Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

BB world

I got a Curve 8520 in December and recently got a message to increase storage, in trying to do this I had a RIM message with accept or not and not knowing what it meant pressed not thus losing world. Trying to re-install it seems impossible, how do I do it or reset to factory settings?
Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: BB world

[ Edited ]

Howie1310 wrote:
I got a Curve 8520 in December and recently got a message to increase storage, in trying to do this I had a RIM message with accept or not and not knowing what it meant pressed not thus losing world. Trying to re-install it seems impossible, how do I do it or reset to factory settings?

Hello Howie

Welcome to Support Forums

Here is the KB on how to reset to factory setting :

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

BUT .. In in your situation I don't know if it needed a Factory default setting , there might be some easier fixes , So do let us know your issue in detail.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I can't connect my computer now that BB world is off
Elite II

Hi there ,

Sorry , I still have problem in understanding your situation and the issues you're having with your BlackBerry !

Are you having problem with BlackBerry world ? Or you're having issues with your BlackBerry !

Please explain your issue so that we can try to help .

Thanks.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

When I attach phone to computer desktop says disconnected, presumably because world is no longer on my phone as, for some reason it has been removed from my phone. Before I cold connect all three
Elite II

Unable to detect your BlackBerry is a different issue and it can be because of many reasons !

If you're having problem in locating or if you deleted BlackBerry world from your device then you can reinstall it again . To do that ,first delete if any version of BlackBerry world from Options - applications - delete BlackBerry world from that list , reboot your device by removing the battery while your device is powered on .

Finally use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld/download and download it again .

But if you're having any other issues you need to provide more information in detail

New Contributor

Thanks. I'll try it and let you know
New Contributor

Thanks for help I have re-installed BBW but nothing else installed
Elite II

Howie1310 wrote:
Thanks for help I have re-installed BBW but nothing else installed

Hey Howie

That's good !

To install application you have visit BlackBerry World on your phone or BlackBerry World webstore from where you can download and install applications.

New Contributor

Prince I was extremely grateful for your assistance with my problem, I will have to be more careful next time.
Thanks
Howie